Thursday, July 23, 2009

MCCL / Scott County Fair

We volunteered yesterday at the Scott County Fair at the MCCL booth. It was fun to have all the kids there helping out. Zak said Ava was our mascot. Everyone thought she was a good mascot and of course she smiled at everyone! So that was a positive thing especially since our booth was next to the DFL / Al Franken booth!

Then when our BIG family was trying to figure out what to split for food (since we would go broke if everyone got a big corndog for $5.50 a piece!) we were standing by the corndog booth hashing it out. Finally it was decided Zak and Sam (who was excited) would get their own and maybe share if the two little ones wanted a bite (or mom and dad). I went to the counter with them and ordered two regular corndogs ($3.50). She took my money and handed me one corndog, then the second, then the guy handed me another. I said oh no just two. He said I know, this one is on us! They had been watching our family discussion and thought it was so cute how Sam was so excited to get his own. We told him thank you, that was very kind.

No comments: